Monday, April 03, 2023

SINGER / SONGWRITER "THeMahfuzR" STOPS BY AND TALKS UP HIS NEW SINGLE 'PHOTOGRAPH BOOK' AND MUCH MORE!

 

LA artist “TheMahfuzR” reaches into past for current single



By John Hacker


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!



YORBA LINDA, Calif. — New LA artist and songwriter TheMahfuzR reached deep into his past for his debut single in the U.S. called “Photograph Book.”

TheMahfuzR, an engineer in the automotive industry for years, has always had a love for music and now he has more time to invest in something that has been a passion until now.

I love the arts, I love music, I love to help people,” TheMahfuzR said. “That's a huge part of my life. Obviously, life happened, I had to work and put food on the table, so I couldn't dedicate as much time to the arts as I wanted to in my earlier life, but now I'm like, you know what? I’m going to do this, I have to do this. So when the kids grew up a little, I had a little more time and then I dove into it, and I’m going to keep on going as I can.”

TheMahfuzR was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1965 to an engineer father and mother who was a professor. He completed his Master’s degrees in Physics, Computer Engineering and Business Administration and worked as an automotive engineer for many years.

He hails from a family of artists. “My grandmother was a violinist; mother was a violinist, keyboardist, a vocalist and classical (Indian) dancer; my uncles were keyboardists, painters, etc.,” TheMahfuzR said. “My parents were also award winning ballroom dancers.  I was voice trained in Bengali classical music during grade school years and I taught myself how to play the guitar, keyboards and the tabla. I grew up listening to music icons such as Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Al Stewart, Dire Straits, etc., and developed my love for English music as well.”

He moved to the US in 1992 and even as he worked as an engineer, he continued singing Bengali pop, English soft rock, pop and other kinds of music in venues across the country both in bands and solo.

TheMahfuzR said “Photograph Book” began life as a song written by a friend about 35 years ago that he couldn’t get out of his head.

I love this song and I’ve been told I do it well. So I thought, you know what, I’m going to sing this song, record it, publish it and see if people like it” he said. He contacted his friend who owned the rights and got his permission to re-write/edit and release the song.

I made some changes to the lyrics to cater to my liking, changed the bridge completely and used different instruments than originally used to record it in a recording studio not too far from home.”

TheMahfuzR said he’s put amateur recordings of another song he’s played on YouTube but this is the first song he’s released after going through the studio process and working to promote it.

He said the message of loss and regret are very clear and the song seems to be a sad song, but he hopes it has a positive impact on people.

This is definitely not a happy song, it’s more about someone reminiscing and it’s very sad,” TheMahfuzR said. “They’re dealing with their loss, they’re sitting there and saying I wish I could have kept you, what could I have done? As humans we are always thinking stuff what was I thinking, what could I have done differently. The more you think, the more sad you feel. But it’s always nice when you’re going through a bad situation to have someone understand and relate a story which is similar, then you can share your feelings. Maybe this song can help someone, if someone is going through a hard time, a loss of someone, even the loss of a pet.”

TheMahfuzR said he has more music in the pipeline and is waiting to see how people react to “Photograph Book.”

People can keep up with TheMahfuzR and all his music on the following social media and miss platforms.



Spotify: (expecting this link within a few days – already uploaded on to DistroKid)

YouTube: HERE

No comments:

HIP HOP RECORDING ARTIST "HAMMAZ" STOPS IN AND TALKS ABOUT HIS ALBUM 'ALPHA MALE 4' AND SINGLE "SHIITZ" AND MORE!

Hammaz shows off his versatility in new album AlphaMale 4: Magnum Opus, featuring the fresh new track “Shitz” LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! B...