Friday, March 24, 2023

MUSIC RECORDING ARTIST "SOMEONE-CALLED-SOMEONE" TALKS ABOUT HIS LATEST VOLUME OF HIS "MOODS" EP AND MORE!

 

SomeoneCalledSomeone Demonstrates His Expansive Sound in Latest EP – The “Moods” EP Series Vol. 2

By: Nadia Sobehart

 


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!

SomeoneCalledSomeone isn’t your typical artist—in fact, he’s not here to sell his persona. He’s here to tell a story. The latest volume of The “Moods” EP series is here, offering a fresh version of the artist that listeners haven’t heard yet.

It is through writing songs and sharing experiences that SomeoneCalledSomeone connects with listeners and helps them feel seen. “I have been through some hard times and found passion in a thing other people can enjoy,” shares the artist. “Typically speaking, my lyrics are deep, storytelling type songs about meaningful life experiences. That’s the music I’m passionate about and love to write.”

The ‘Moods’ EP Vol. 2” features six upbeat tracks such as “smooth” which is a quick favorite amongst anyone who listens.” SomeoneCalledSomeone’s favorite single on the EP is “Held Me Down,” a song about his wife and their story that is very special to the artist. “For this volume, let’s have some fun and get some neck bones moving,” he adds.

This project was produced by Dope Sean. We got to know each other and I love his beats, so we came together for this one,” tells SomeoneCalledSomeone. 

When it comes to writing music, SomeoneCalledSomeone lets the songs come out organically. “I don’t ever sit down with the intent to write. When I do, it feels forced. I just keep a concept or beat in mind to write to next, and as it plays in a loop in my head, the lines come and I write them down. At the end of the day, I might have lines, verses, or maybe three songs written. My most creative songs are from when I don’t try.”

During the first stage of his musical career, SomeoneCalledSomeone earned recognition and toured regionally throughout Texas. At the time, he was also offered publishing deals to write for other artists. While he enjoyed life as an artist, SomeoneCalledSomeone found himself on the slippery path of drug use and addiction, which eventually led to a two-year prison sentence. Out of prison, he tried returning to music, this time sober, yet found that the lifestyle, people, and relationships of that world were not conducive to a healthy lifestyle.


Flash forward several years, to a gift given to SomeoneCalledSomeone by his wife: a “studio in a box” collection of an interface, amps, and the music-building essentials of a musician’s starter pack. Despite saying he would never use the gift, SomeoneCalledSomeone found himself playing around with the tools one day out of boredom. His tinkering resulted in “Days, Nights, and Weeks,” a single about addiction that gained traction quickly. The rest followed soon after.

This time around, gaining recognition as an individual isn’t a priority for SomeoneCalledSomeone. “I don’t want the attention. I don’t want to lose myself again,” he shares. “There’s meaning behind by name—SomeoneCalledSomeone. It’s the anonymity. These are my stories and the name doesn’t matter, this is music for people to feel and relate to.”

My story has molded me into who I am today. I’m proud of where I’ve been and how it’s shaped me,” shares SomeoneCalledSomeone. “Since coming back to music, I’ve been trying to figure out what my sound is in today’s landscape. Things are so much different today than when I walked away. The ‘Moods’ EP Vol. 2 features more upbeat songs.”

Listeners can look forward to the release of Volumes 3 and 4 later this year, in addition to a full album. “Volume 4 is ready but goes into a different genre altogether—there’s no rap at all,” hints SomeoneCalledSomeone. The full album will continue in the current style before introducing a new side of SomeoneCalledSomeone’s musicality.

Make sure to stay connected to SomeoneCalledSomeone on all platforms for new music, videos, and social posts.

https://audiomack.com/someonecalledsomeone/album/frequencies-the-moods-ep-series-vol-2-1?key=vol2

www.twitter.com/SomeoneCSomeone

https://youtube.com/@someonecsomeone

www.tiktok.com/@someonecsomeone

No comments:

SINGER / SONGWRITER 'SYDNEY B' TALKS ABOUT HER NEW SINGLE "BEAUTIFUL" AND MUCH MUCH MORE!

Sydney B promotes hope and positivity in powerful new track “Beautiful"   LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! By Bobby Martin Sydney B may be...