Tuesday, September 24, 2024

CHRISTIAN RAP ARTIST "EDEN HILL" DROPS BY AND TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW SINGLE 'AFRAID' AND MUCH MORE!

Eden Hill Drops Bold New Single “Afraid” on Friday the 13th Ahead of 'Fear No Evil' Album

Christian rap artist blends orchestral elements with gritty trap beats in a powerful journey from darkness to light.

By Jeanie Casison


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!


Emerging Christian rap artist Eden Hill intentionally chose Friday, the 13th to debut his new single “Afraid,” a powerful track featuring orchestral elements, gritty trap beats, and a deep spiritual message. “It felt right to drop a song about letting go of fear and overcoming darkness in this season,” he shares on the decision on the release date. “I’m a big fan of irony. I thought it would be really ironic to drop a Christian rap song that’s about letting go of fear on a day that represents evil. I thought it would contrast what that day represents—and, therefore, bring light into a dark space.”  


“Afraid” came together quickly—with Eden Hill finishing the beat a few days before recording the lyrics and completing the whole track within days. Lyrically, “Afraid” follows a journey from fear to faith with Eden Hill, whose name offers a reminder that “Paradise is on the horizon,” touching on personal struggles and transformation. “It’s about where I was before God met me and pulled me out of the darkness,” he explains. 


Powerful, raw lyrics, such as the intro, “Look I don't even know where to begin. Probably I should start looking within. And find the broken bits of me that hide discretely underneath my skin. I need the light to start revealing all of them (When). I'm broken really I need to be fixed and patched together maybe tighten up all of the stitches. I used to think that God was just a genie I could call on really easy. Only use him just to grant me all my wish list. Maybe I could get a bit of this. Maybe I could get a bit of that. Come on God I'm doing what you're asking. But I'm masking what's inside my heart. It's nothing but a selfish plead and act (facts). I don't really know how to react” resonate throughout the song. 


As for the sound, “Afraid” features cinematic instrumentation, including cello, violin, drums, and piano. Regarding the style, Eden Hill says, “It has a lot of impact. I would say that it’s a slower-tempo song with double-time lyrics. So, it’s something that people would be impressed if they could rap along with; it’s got a quick and bouncy flow throughout the song.” 


"Afraid" is the first single from the upcoming album “Fear No Evil,” set for release on October 4, 2024. The album will feature ten tracks, each exploring themes of moving from fear and darkness to joy and peace. The work culminates a dynamic journey for Eden Hill, who began rapping and creating secular music as a teenager. However, it wasn’t until he recently rediscovered his faith that he fully committed to Christian rap music—

independently producing all his tracks, creating the beats and lyrics, and mastering them himself. 


With “Afraid,” Eden Hill invites listeners to reflect on their journeys of fear and faith and enjoy an exciting preview into his forthcoming album Fear No Evil, which also features an accompanying video. 


Find out more about Eden Hill, “Afraid,” and his other music by visiting his website and following him on Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Spotify.


No comments:

4 CHAIR TURN SINGING SENSATION "SHYE" FROM SEASON 26 OF "THE VOICE" STOPPED BY AND TALKED ABOUT HER BLIND AUDITION AND MORE!

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! Season 26 of NBC's "The Voice" has delivered some of the best singers in the country, and one of ...