Wednesday, July 31, 2024

HIP HOP RECORDING ARTIST 'S7GMA' TALKS ABOUT HIS LATEST TRACKS "NOW" AND "SORRY" PLUS MORE!

 S7GMA Releases Motivational Single ‘NOW’


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!


S7GMA Releases Motivational Single ‘NOW’

By: Nadia Sobehart


Hip-hop artist S7GMA drops latest single, “Now,” a motivational anthem to remind us all to hold on—no matter what comes our way. S7GMA infuses his unique style into the conscious single to introduce listeners to the S7GMA sound.


S7GMA—pronounced “Sigma”—is the solo act of an artist with years of prior experience in a group setting. The musician chose S7GMA as his moniker as a teenager because of its many underlying meanings. “Sigma is the 18th letter in the Greek alphabet. When you turn 18, you’re free—it’s all up to you. 7 is also an important number in numerology. 7 is perfection,” explains S7GMA. 


Originally from North Philly, S7GMA relocated to Texas in junior high school. “My uncle put me on old music,” shares the artist. “In junior high in Texas, I was allowed to express myself more. I started listening to different types of music.” At that time, his friends began making parody songs (in the era of Weird Al and fellow creators). “Then, my best friend (xiqt) dropped a real song and sent me the link. I was impressed in my head like, how did he do it? I thought you needed a million dollars in studio equipment to do so.” After acquiring the software to get started (and a $100 microphone, courtesy of his mother), S7GMA was set. 


S7GMA is a self-produced artist. Over the years, his sound has taken shape from experience and the influence of artists including Logic and Kid Cudi. “My musical sound is in phases,” shares the musician. “It’s based on my mood. I have fun, commercial pop-y songs. Songs talking my talk. A love song coming out. But at the moment, I’m trying to stick with the S7GMA sound. My motivation is dark in a morbid-type way. My music is for people who have to learn the hard way.”


“Now” is about “welcoming listeners to your new forever.” The single is a positivity anthem, filled with affirmation. S7GMA hopes to remind listeners that pain does end and to hold on through the hardest of times.


To create the single, S7GMA began with a beat that took time to build. “I had a beat that I started with a melody last year. At the beginning of this year, I was having thoughts about it. So, for the first three months, I locked myself in a room and opened the beat. I produced all the music from scratch. Piano, synth pads, strings, then drums. From there, I got to writing everything I was feeling in that moment. I was in the mindset of, ‘it’s been 11 years, so go ahead and stop wasting time. Time doesn’t wait for anyone. Get it now.’”


With his quest for sigma perfection, S7GMA learned to engineer his vocals to work perfectly with his unique sound. Over the past four years, he’s been mastering music production, first on FL Studio. “I was tired of buying beats on YouTube and searching for “this artist-type” beats. I’d like one of every 100 beats. I don’t rap about the same things others do. I got tired of looking for them. So, I got FL Studio and bought equipment, then watched YouTube videos to mimic what they do until I had the muscle memory down. It’s paying off 1000%.”


While he’s not creating new music, S7GMA is showcasing his talent to live audiences. In mid-July, he has a live show in Austin, Texas, and another lined up in Houston toward the end of the month. He also plans to drop his EP, Mind Of Me, this fall. Alongside “Now,” S7GMA has another single, “Sorry,” available on all streaming platforms, as well as a video for the single on YouTube. 


Make sure to stay connected to S7GMA on all platforms for new music, videos, and social posts

Sorry,” PRE-SAVE

Sorry,” official music video, YouTube

 Spotify

Instagram

Tik Tok

X

No comments:

HIP HOP RECORDING ARTIST LAMAR WOODS TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW ALBUM "HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON" AND HIS SONG "BEAUTIFUL BLACK BOY"

Lamar Woods gives a fun, 19-track tour through hip-hop and panic in Highly Sensitive Person \LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! By Kurt Beyers ...