Thursday, August 24, 2023

SINGER SONGWRITER "EMERALD M" STOPS BY AND TALKS ABOUT HER NEW SINGLE "NEVER MINE" AND MUCH MORE

 

Emerald M., a new talent, introduces herself to music fans with “Never Mine”

 


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!


By Kurt Beyers

 

To announce herself to the music world, 19-year-old Emerald M. has come out with a trippy, rock-poppy-punk bad-love song called “Never Mine.”

 

It’s a fun, fast-moving track about a girl who wants a certain man for all the wrong reasons but can’t have him.

 

And she’s good with that.

 

“It’s not personal,” she said. “It’s just a story I created about liking someone, then being okay with the way it turned out.”

 

You were never mine

Cuz you had her

I thought it was fine

To be the bad girl

 

Emerald, who is from Myanmar, just graduated from high school in London, England, where she moved for her last year and a half of school.

 

“I’ve always been into music, since I was a kid. But I started writing more songs in the pandemic in 2020. Before, I was an instrumentalist mainly, and I started writing songs  and got focused on singing more than just instruments.”

 

She has a smooth, lovely, low-register voice, fluid and expressive, and she clearly enjoys using it. It’s easy to see how she became focused on singing.

 

“Then,” she said, continuing the story of her entry into music as a profession, “I wrote a few songs in 2020, kind of like for practice and stuff. But last year I had a few songs that were good to release. So I started finding connections and emailing producers to help me out.”

 

In addition to abundant talent, she possesses drive.

 

She got as a producer William Lucey, a singer, songwriter, producer, instrumentalist from Ireland, now living in Boston. He has worked with such artists as George Harrison, REM, Alicia Keys and Mick Flannery and for almost 20 years was a member and songwriter for the Irish band Rubyhorse.

 

“We met online and worked on that song together for a few months. I started with a demo in my dorm room, and then I sent it to him. We finalized it at the beginning of the year.”

 

“My first intention was for it to be a very slow indie song with maybe just a piano accompanying, or a guitar,” she said.

 

But she has a brother who is into pop punk, “so I have a little of that influence in me,” and that influence contributed to “Never Mine” taking a different shape in her head.

 

“The verses and the chorus are actually two different songs, from two different ideas I had at two different times. I put them together later because I had this idea for ‘Never Mine’ to be a little bit pop punk. I wanted it to be more upbeat, so I asked my producer to increase the tempos, and we added drums.”

 

Drums with a driving beat. And guitars, fast guitars. Not loud, but fast.

 

“This is my first song, my first, official debut single, just for me to get my online presence out there.”

 

She has several songs produced and ready to drop when she decides to put them out. She wants music to be her career, but, she says, she still has to go to university.

 

I would still be doing music alongside that, and that’s going to be my main focus, music.”

 

Emerald hopes to begin playing shows before too long and put out an EP.

 

“And put that together very soon,” she said. “That would be my first ever big project, probably in the next year.”

 

Her bio lists her genres as pop, alternative, indie and pop rock, to which she has now added pop punk.

 

“With every song I’m doing right now, it’s all different vibes. I don’t want to stick to one genre and then follow a set of rules. I want to experience a lot of music styles. If someone asked me what’s my genre, I don’t really have one because it’s all over the place. I like to experiment with different sounds.”

 

Connect with Emerald M. on all platforms for new music, videos, and social posts.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=KZWI5NPF6tE&feature=share

: https://music.apple.com/gb/album/never-mine/1694085744?i=1694085745

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVH9v4qhTGG82eZyMwePsBw

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100081956298784

https://www.instagram.com/emeraldmoemyint/

No comments:

SINGER/SONGWRITER "HAR'MONIQUE" TALKS ABOUT HER NEW SINGLE "ONE IN A MILLION"

Har’Monique debuts with “One In a Million” — sultry, classic R&B dipped in hip-hop LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! By Kurt Beyers With a po...