Tuesday, August 25, 2009

COONEY'S THOUGHTS


BOXING - Recently boxing suffered yet another black eye via Golden Boy Promotions stacked boxing card in Houston, TX. What do I mean by "stacked?" - Well let's see, the Paulie Malignaggi vs Juan Diaz fight for starters. Juan being from Texas, and Paulie being from Brooklyn, NY, and the fight taking place in Houston, with three Texas judges, and a smaller ring, all seems pretty stacked to me. A 118/110 score card ruling in favor of Diaz was probably the worst score that I have ever seen in any boxing match, ever. Golden Boy Promotions, Oscar De La Hoya should be ashamed of themselves. They talk a good game as if they are the NEW generation of promoters, and how they are cleaning up the sport, yet after this past Saturday's fight in Houston, they are far from cleaning up the sport. In fact, the are making the sport worse. I would like to congratulate Paulie Malignaggi on his VICTORY over Juan Diaz, not his defeat.

Please pray for my friend Bo who is currently recovering from brain surgery in Florida. Bo is a friend of mine, and a friend of Freddie Roach's, and the entire Wild Card stable, including Team Pacquiao.

STUFF

Who kills their girlfriend, removes her teeth, and cuts off her fingers? WTF??? That's what happened recently when a recent television reality star decided to kill his ex girlfriend, and stuffed her into a suitcase. The coward bitch that he is, he decided to hang himself in his hotel room in British Columbia. I guess the positive side is that he is no longer littering the rest of the human race with his existence.

MY HEALTH

So far I have lost 20 pounds. I was referred by my friend Ronnie Shields to top boxing conditioner, Brian Caldwell. Brian put me on a workout plan, and a meal plan that I have followed to the letter. It's paying off too, I am more focused then ever. Life is what you make of it, and I am dead set on getting healthy. I couldn't be happier with things right now.

8COUNTNEWS.COM

My website 8CountNews is kicking serious booty. We keep rolling in the biggest names in the business, and our podcast shows are second to none. Thank you to my entire 8CN team, you guys and gals rock! This week we welcomed Roy Jones Jr, Paulie Malignaggi, and Jason Estrada. Look for much more soon.

That's it until next time folks. Thanks for the support, and thanks for stopping by my blog. Don't forget to tune into www.8countnews.com for all of your boxing news and interviews.

No comments:

HIP HOP RECORDING ARTIST LAMAR WOODS TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW ALBUM "HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON" AND HIS SONG "BEAUTIFUL BLACK BOY"

Lamar Woods gives a fun, 19-track tour through hip-hop and panic in Highly Sensitive Person \LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! By Kurt Beyers ...