Wednesday, April 20, 2022

R&B RECORDING ARTIST "DAMANY" STOPS BY AND TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW SINGLE ' I'M COMNG OVER ' AND MUCH MORE!

Damany bringing romance to life with hit single ‘I’m Coming Over’


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Up and coming R&B/Soul artist Damany is working to put romance back into music with a song you can put on when it’s time to snuggle up on the couch with your guy or girl.


Damany said his new single, “I’m Coming Over,” is a reworked version of a rap song he and a friend came up with years ago, but with his own sultry twist. 


“The song me and my friend did was so dope that I was like, you know what, let me use my creative juices and come up with an R&B version of it,” Damany said. “Make it sexy. I write all my own songs so when I heard the beat the first time that’s the concept I heard right away. That song took two days to write, and I like how it came out.”


The song is about a man who misses his girl so much he calls her and says ‘I’ve got my things, I’m on my way, to be with you, girl get ready,’ in a slow, swaying tenor and swinging jazz accompaniment.  


Damany said “I’m Coming Over” was originally a rap song and he loved the song, but he and his friend never released it.


“The song is one of those songs that was undiscovered, we never got a chance to put it out,” Damany said. “But I loved the concept so much I was like, you know what? I want to write my own and that’s how this song came out. I even told my friend, bro I made a song tributing our old song.”


Damany Tulloch comes from a family of musicians — his father was a well known singer in Jamaica back in the 1970s and 80s — and Damany grew up listening to the likes of Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Dru Hill and others in the Soul and R&B genre.


He has spent his life studying the R&B and Soul greats of the 70s, 80s, and 90s, but he worries that R&B is a dying genre.


“It’s not as popular as it used to be, but what I love about it the most is that it puts lovers in the mood to spend time together and have dinner or something,” Damany said. “Back in the day you could pick from different artists. If you have a girl coming over you put on H-Town or Boyz II Men or Jodeci or if you grew up in the 1980s you could put on Teddy Pendergrass or Luthor Vandros. 


“Nowadays, I was actually joking with one of my friends a few days ago and I was like, what do these young boys put on now when they have a girl coming over? Some Drake, that’s the closest thing to R&B mainstream for men is Drake.”


Damany said these and other genres, like Rock and Roll are being overshadowed by music created on a computer and with electronics.


“Rock and Roll, that’s another genre I try my best to defend,” Damany said. “Musicians we’ve got to stick together especially the ones in the genres that are dying out like R&B and others, but do you know what kids call rock and roll now? I saw a video, and it cracked me up because you can’t take yourself too seriously, but this girl, she was like 21 or 22 she was like Lincoln Park? That classic rock. They call it classic rock.”


Damany said despite the challenges, he’ll continue to make music that spreads romance and love.


“I want to be the artist that couples put on when they’re having dinner with each other or ready to make love,” Damany said. “Eventually down the line I’m going to make some breakup music or angry music but right now I just want to be that artist like Jodeci or H-Town that couples put on.”


He’ll also work to be an example for younger musicians interested in challenging genres that may yet come back to the mainstream.


Keep up with Damany Tulloch on all social media and music streams:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZ4QZPQdw0

https://www.facebook.com/damany.tulloch

https://www.instagram.com/damany_84/

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5WT2oom7aJN4MMjysMr17X

https://soundcloud.com/damany-tulloch https://withkoji.com/@Damany

Tik Tok - @Soultroll84(tik


No comments:

SINGER / SONGWRITER 'SYDNEY B' TALKS ABOUT HER NEW SINGLE "BEAUTIFUL" AND MUCH MUCH MORE!

Sydney B promotes hope and positivity in powerful new track “Beautiful"   LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! By Bobby Martin Sydney B may be...