Tuesday, December 12, 2023

HIP HOP RECORDING ARTIST "SPENDIT" STOPS IN AND TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW SINGLE "HOLD UP" AND MORE!

New rap artist Spendit blends a whimsical beat and street lyrics in new single “Hold Up”


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!

By Kurt Beyers


To begin his career as a recording artist, Buffalo, New York, rapper Spendit has put out “Hold Up,” a chiming, melodious single with some hard-edged, explicit street lyrics.


“That track, I feel like, it describes my life,” he said. “I’m always trying to get to some money, and it’s an ever-changing world. I’m always trying to adapt.”


“Hold Up” is the lead single off his EP Check. Another single off the EP, “Grace,” has also been released.


He said that when he got the beat from his brother, Akaey, he only had an hour to work with it, and his first thought was, “I cannot attack this in an hour, and all I could think of was life is moving too fast. Can you hold up?”


And with that, he realized, “Hold up. Wow, that’s really me.” And it turned out to be one of the easiest songs he ever wrote.


Life movin’ too fast, can’t wait up, can’t hold up

Spend it, what’s the hold up, bands can’t fold up

Dropped out of college, she givin’ me brain, she givin’ me knowledge

Brand new coupe, no mileage, always flee, don’t need a stylist 


He’s been writing for a few years but until this year he hadn’t made up his mind whether to pursue it as a career. 


“I was never into music growing up. I was kind of getting into it in middle school, but I was more of an athlete. That’s what our family was known for.”


Akaey, though, was into music.


“He was the only person in the family doing it. At night he would play his beats, and I was in my room but because he was so close I could hear him. He would be up to 3 in the morning.”


Eventually, he said, “This was clicking. I could listen to songs, and it was, ‘Oh, he’s off beat. This one’s not off beat.’ I was observing even when I wasn’t trying to.”


Spendit works out his beats with Akaey and producer Losart, a childhood friend of Akaey’s. They find the beats for Spendit, and together the three of them work out the tracks.


“Whenever I’m done with a song and I need another one, they will send me a care package — that’s what we call them — and it’s like 100-some beats in there.”


Spendit wound up making three songs with the beat that became “Hold Up.”


“I kept hearing it differently every time I listened to it. It is definitely a unique beat, for sure. The other two I’ll probably break down and add them to different songs, because they’re quality as well. But this one, ‘Hold Up,’ this one got it.”


He wrote the EP a year ago, but even then he hadn’t made up his mind about music. 


“I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to take it serious. My brother had been doing this for a while, and he knows the only way that you can make it in this industry is if you’re going to invest in yourself, invest in the time. And so I had to come to the realization of, ‘Is this really what I want to do?’ After months of thinking about it, I told him let’s go ahead and do it.”


This year, he has released Check and the two singles from it. Each of the six tracks is something new, a different sound, a different flow, a different feel. Spendit seeks new things.


“I’m open to like working with different styles, and not just rappers but singers because that’s how you get better, by doing things that you don’t think or don’t know if you can do. I want to be a person that’s like, ‘Hey, we’re making this song, and it’s not something that you’re used to.’ I want to be as versatile as possible.”


His plans are to put out another EP, with more videos. His YouTube channel has videos for “Hold Up” and “Grace,” but he wants more.


This winter, he will begin performing live in the Buffalo-Syracuse-Rochester region. 


He is glad that he got a late start to his career because he believes it increased his creativity. “As soon as I get in the studio, man, it’s like everything just comes. I don’t plan on slowing down no time soon.”


Spend some time with Spendit and connect with him on all platforms for new music, videos, and social posts.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3DQVto6JUZom5iyMgEuonD?si=e74934f3290a4dda

https://open.spotify.com/album/1slJDeEyPAOom2WZzd5EII

https://music.apple.com/us/album/check-ep/1703711408

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6SySLoM2PbzmFWMpH9pmvk

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Td5JRiA3y3jedDANWA11A

https://www.facebook.com/Spenditofficial/

https://www.instagram.com/spendit_official/

https://www.tiktok.com/@spenditofficial?_t=8hHkee4rRHC&_r=1

https://twitter.com/Spenditofficial



No comments:

ELECTRONIC PUNK BAND "GO AWAY ROBOT" STOPS BY AND TALKS ABOUT THEIR NEW SINGLE 'STRANGE DAYS' AND OTHER NEWS!

Go Away Robot Showcase Their Unique Electronic Punk Sound in Latest Single ‘Strange Days’ By: Nadia Sobehart LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! El...