Wednesday, December 07, 2022

HIP HOP RECORDING ARTIST Ghxst VIC STOPS BY AND TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW SINGLE "BABY BUMP" AND MORE CURRENT PROJECTS.

 

Rapper Ghxst Vic’s journey has gone from several cities and careers leading up to the release of his latest single “Baby Bump.”

 


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!

By Gabby Cast

 

Born in New Jersey and then soon relocating to Africa and Europe, rapper Ghxst Vic grew up around various cultures and genres and was influenced by hip-hop and afro-beats. He’d previously worked in production and behind-the-scenes industry work before becoming a professional soccer player in the U.K.

 

Injuries sustained from playing paused his career. Vic moved back to New Jersey, followed by NYC, and attended school while working a 9-to-5 job. But after receiving his communications degree, he felt that his path was meant to go in a more unconventional route and returned to Creating music and building his business brand, linking with rappers such as Kodak Black and Fetty Wap. That’s when working one day with Zoey Dollaz in the studio turned into his own rapping career—after free-styling in front of Zoey, he encouraged Vic to start recording himself.

 

“You don't have to follow a conventional path. You can because now I have my degrees. I graduated college, I have all that. But I'm going to go through a creative path. You can have either one or. So it's going to go really in depth into every single thing that I've done creatively and by the book.”

 

Vic started working towards that path, combining the knowledge from his concierge business where he networked in the industry with his production knowledge, creating a bridge that would lead to success. He began releasing music this year with his EP, LDN to Miami describing his journey from the U.K. to his current home base in Florida, where he’s currently settling his roots with his fiancé and newborn daughter. That’s how the idea for “Baby Bump” came to mind.

 

“It came to mind while I was laying in bed with my fiancé. We were listening to an instrumental that a friend of mine had come up with and co-wrote the song based upon my daughter,” explains Ghxst Vic, whose tracks have over 300k streams.

 

Life experiences throughout his creative journey encompasses Ghxst Vic’s music. His upcoming EP New York to Miami goes deeper chronologically.

 

“I transfer all that into music pretty much. Whereas like, I'm not just talking out of the air. I'm giving personal experiences,” says Ghxst Vic. “For me, my major thing was that music today is like a lot about weapons and all this stuff. I wanted to kind of move away from that where you could shed light that everyone has an opportunity. And if I could put my life experiences into an opportunity, and I'm able to put that through my music, then absolutely.”

 

Since moving to Miami, the rapper has gained heavy rotation in the club scene while periodically performing. But he plans to branch out further than South Florida with New York to Miami, looking to get radio rotation and promotion for the song in New York—connecting his past with his present.

 

“I have my own life traumas. I have my own obstacles. I was able to overcome that. And it's that kind of story. If I can do it, someone else can.”

 

Make sure to stay connected to Ghxst Vic on all platforms for new music, videos, and social posts.

instagram.com/ghxstvic

twitter.com/ghxstvic

facebook.com/ghxstvic

tiktok.com/realghxstvic

No comments:

SINGER / SONGWRITER 'APOLLO LIBERACE' STOPS BY THE SHOW AND TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW SINGLE "IF I SAID I HAD THE ANSWERS, WOULD YOU LISTEN " AND MORE!

  Apollo Liberace celebrates his birthday with the release of new R&B single “If I Said I Had the Answers, Would You Listen” LISTEN TO T...