Monday, June 06, 2022

MUSIC RECORDING ARTIST "ADAY" STOPS BY AND TALKS ABOUT HER LATEST PROJECT 'VOICE MEMOS' AND MORE!

 Detroit artist Aday weaves R&B, hip hop sounds into newest album “Voice Memos’


LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW!

By John Hacker


Her sound is soulful and strong and it comes from a heart molded by life’s experiences and challenges.


Detroit musician and songwriter Aday is working hard to pass on a message of confidence and perseverance as she paves her own way through the musical industry with the release of her newest album titled “Voice Memos.”


People who live in Detroit might recognize some of the names Aday gave the songs on this newest EP, including “Plymouth Rd,” I-75s,” M-53,” Featherstone,” and James Cir.”


“All of these titles are from the actual voice memos,” Aday said. “Wherever I was at the time I recorded a voice memo to remind me of something I wanted to record when I got home it was the name of the street address where I recorded the voice memo. The names aren’t connected to the content of the songs.”


Aday said she’s been rapping since before she could write. She attributes this to her mother who used to rap she was pregnant with her and in her younger years. 


Aday said she knew she wanted to be a star from the age of nine when she formed a musical trio with a couple of her cousins.


“It might not have made perfect sense at that point, but me and my two cousins, we formed a group and recorded a few songs,” Aday said. “They were two boys and they didn’t really take it as serious as me. One of them doesn't rap anymore at all and one of them he kind of tries but I eventually branched off on my own because I took it very serious.”


Aday said her name comes from a nickname her little brother gave her when he was just learning to speak.


“My stage name is Aday, when I was younger my little brother could not say my name,” she said. “My name is Adrienne and he started calling me Aday and everyone from my neighborhood, I grew up in midtown Detroit very close to downtown, called me that as well and that became my name, Aday.”


Aday credits her musical sound to the influences of her musical parents as well as artists such as Missy Elliot, J Dilla, Aaliyah and others.


The songs on the album “Voice Memos” reflect a time of great change for the artist.


“I think that this was a huge year for me mentally in my life and I went through a lot,” Aday said. “I moved back from Atlanta, broke up with an ex, got into a car accident. One of my cousins got shot, one of my cousins took her own life away, it’s been a pretty extreme amount of things going on this year. I’ve literally been in my car a lot. I was recording just off my phone or my iPad before I had to sell it, recording on my phone every singe idea that came into my head.


“It was all the experiences. A lot of the lyrics in the songs were things that were happening in my life and after that breakup type thing I didn’t want to date anyone and then boom, I found somebody I was messing with.”


Aday has an edgy style that cannot be confined to just one category. She performs a broad selection of genres of music including but not limited to house, hip hop, R&B, and rap. 


Make sure to stay connected to Aday on all platforms for new music, videos, and social posts.


https://music.apple.com/us/artist/aday/89054303

: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2r90f2blR1qJXt559pTPrK  

https://www.instagram.com/adayhendrix/

https://soundcloud.com/adayhendrix

https://linktr.ee/adayuniverse

No comments:

JOSH CONKLIN - AKA- "CONKDETECTS" TALKS ABOUT METAL DETECTING AND HIS JOURNEY TO OVER 300,000 FOLLOWERS!

  LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! Josh Conklin has rather quickly amassed over 300,000 Tik Tok followers doing what he loves, and that's di...