Wednesday, November 25, 2020

R&B RECORDING ARTIST 'NIKENA' TALKS NEW SINGLE "WATER" AND OTHER CURRENT PROJECTS!

New artist Nikena comes onto the global scene with a bang with debut release ‘Water’


  LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW

BROOKLYN, NY – Island vibes and R&B grooves find the perfect companion with the sultry vocals of new female artist Nikena. Hailing from Brooklyn, New York, this up-and-coming diva has announced herself onto the global stage in a big way with her amazing talent. Her latest single, “Water,” is an Island and R&B fusion that perfectly captures the passion of falling in love while giving listeners a swaying rhythm that’s impossible to stay still to.

Tapping into her Jamaican roots, Nikena takes listeners on a journey to the Caribbean with this love song full of sass and joy. Exploring all the emotions that come from falling in love, the song embraces being young, having a good time, and being happy. The music video, shot on the beaches of South Florida, further captures that essence and puts Nikena fully on display as an artist the world needs to pay attention to.

“I’ve been singing since I’ve known myself, but it wasn’t until 2019 that I decided to let out my passion for music,” Nikena said. “I was never brave enough to try it before that, but there was always this thing nudging me and I knew I couldn’t ignore it any longer. Eventually, I decided I was going to record something and see where it takes me. I want my music to be known for being uplifting and energetic. That’s the reputation I want to leave behind my name.”




Nikena said that though she’s been inspired by legends such as Beyoncé Knowles, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Bob Marley, her sound stands out as uniquely her own. She takes pride in being diverse, while also bringing her Jamaican and Caribbean heritage to the table.

“I’m just me,” she said. “I embrace every difference and similarity of my craft, and my hope is that my audience will appreciate them, as well. My experiences in life are translated into my music. At the end of the day, I want my audience to feel encouraged to go after their dreams – to love and believe in themselves.”

In addition to “Water,” Nikena said she has more singles she’s working on and planning on releasing later this year. She’s also thinking of doing a full EP in 2021.

To listen to Nikena’s music or to follow her on social media, please visit:

https://www.instagram.com/_nikena__/

No comments:

SINGER / SONGWRITER 'APOLLO LIBERACE' STOPS BY THE SHOW AND TALKS ABOUT HIS NEW SINGLE "IF I SAID I HAD THE ANSWERS, WOULD YOU LISTEN " AND MORE!

  Apollo Liberace celebrates his birthday with the release of new R&B single “If I Said I Had the Answers, Would You Listen” LISTEN TO T...