Thursday, June 13, 2019

HIP HOP RECORDING ARTIST KOLLEGE-KADO TALKS NEW EP AND SINGLE "MONEY TALKS"


Standout college athlete makes waves in music industry with unique sound and style

LISTEN TO PODCAST BELOW


VENTURA, CA – Though Kado Brown is probably best known across the U.S. as a standout college athlete, his deeper passion is music. Flying under the radar for much of his youth, this Georgia Southern quarterback announced his arrival on the music scene with an explosion when his 2018 stadium anthem “Swag Like Chad” was embraced by ESPN and signed to a sync license through 2020. Inspired by first-year head coach Chad Lunsford, the single has been championed by more than just the fans of Georgia Southern but also by music lovers and fans of college athletics all over the world. But those initial fans of Kollege’s – first at Moorpark College and then at Georgia Southern – hold a special place in his heart.


“How they supported my music was huge,” he said. “Without their support, I wouldn’t have had as much success and I can’t thank them enough for that. It’s because of that I’ve been blessed enough to get opportunities to perform and open for some big name artists like Problem, Playboi Carti, Famous Dex, and Rich The Kid.”

Scheduled to graduate with his four-year degree this summer, KollegeKado is ready to take his early success as an artist to the next level. He’s releasing a new EP called “Dirty Gold Saturn”
which takes advantage of the momentum he created with “Swag Like Chad” by offering six new “turn up vibes.” With production from notorious sound smith Yung Henny, this trap-forward production will “put some holes in the roof,” Kollege said.


“There are some tears in there too, but it runs good and will do the job of keeping people turned up for certain occasions,” he said. “It’s a project about manifestations and life experiences and trying to speak things into existence. It’s about having fun as well. One of the things I take pride in with my music is having a broad sound. With this project, I have that trap, turn-up sound but some of my earlier work has conscious sounds with more stories and things that were more personal to me. I also make music that is celebratory and braggadocios. I’m getting ready to explore some R&B vibes later this year.”
The debut single from “Dirty Gold Saturn” is a song called “Money Talks.” Kollege said he was first inspired to write the song when he got a handful of beats from Yung Henny and this was the first one he liked.

“I knew I needed to write to it because it just had a vibe,” he said. “And the phrase that kept going over and over in my head is something my pops always used to say, ‘Money talks but bullshit walks.’ I wanted to go with that quote. So far, people have related to it and it’s definitely something that will play in the clubs and people can have fun with. It’s not a song that I’m trying to get too conscious with – it’s just something for people to have fun with.”

That being said, ultimately, KollegeKado said he wants his music to inspire people to be themselves and take steps into whatever it is they want to do in life.

“I played football which was my foundation for a long time,” he said. “I learned a lot about hard work and effort and hustle, and I have transferred that into my music. I hope that through my music and my story, some people will be inspired.”

Kollege is slated to perform at the Q Club in Oxnard, California on June 9 with another live performance set for June 19 at a location yet to be determined. To listen to KollegeKado’s music or to follow him on social media, please visit:









No comments:

SINGER / SONGWRITER 'SYDNEY B' TALKS ABOUT HER NEW SINGLE "BEAUTIFUL" AND MUCH MUCH MORE!

Sydney B promotes hope and positivity in powerful new track “Beautiful"   LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! By Bobby Martin Sydney B may be...