Monday, March 03, 2008

INTERVIEW: MANNY PACQUIAO By Brad Cooney


EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: MANNY PACQUIAO
By Brad Cooney



I sat down with featherweight kingpin Manny Pacquiao moments after his
workout today from The Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, California. Pacquiao is
closing in on March 15th, where he will face the very dangerous Juan Manuel
Marquez in a much anticipated rematch. The two prizefighters fought to a
thrilling draw in their last bout, thus leading up to this March 15th rematch.


BC – Manny nice to talk to you, how are you doing?

MP – Doing good, good, good.

BC – How's training camp going so far? You're getting close to wrapping thing
up.

MP – So far so good in training camp right now. I think this is the hardest
training camp that I have ever had since starting here at Wild Card. This is
the best training camp so far.

BC – So you're happy with where you are at in camp right now?

MP – Yes, this is the hardest I have worked. This is the best camp so far.

BC – How much do you weight right now ?

MP – 133 lbs.

BC – So no concerns making the weight for March 15th?

MP – No, no problems at all.

BC – What sort of fight do you think this is going to be?

MP – I think this is going to be a good fight. Marquez is training 100 percent
for this fight as well. Both of us are training hard, and we will show that we
will give a good fight.

BC – Do you think he will get in there and fight with you, or do you think he
will be cautious, and choose to counter punch?

MP – I think that he will definitely be a counter puncher. We will be ready for
whatever he brings.

BC – How has your sparring been, and how much more sparring do you have to do?

MP – We have more sparring to do. We already sparred 131 rounds, and we have 4
days more of sparring. Tomorrow, Thursday, Saturday, and Monday.

BC – Do you still plan on moving up in weight after this fight?

MP – There is a plan to move up and fight Diaz, but right now I am focused on my
fight coming up on March 15th.

BC – How do you think you will do at the heavier weight class?

MP – It will be OK, I will be able to fight at a higher weight of 145 lbs.

BC – You don't think you'll lose any power at that weight?

MP – No I don't think I will lose any of my power at that weight class.

BC – I know you're just getting finished with working out, so I will keep this
short. Do you have any closing thoughts for your fans in The Philippines, and
across the world?

MP – I want to thank you Brad for giving me this chance to do this interview.
I want to say thank you to all of my fans who love boxing, and thank you to all
of the Filipino people, and all the people around the world. I hope to see all
of you on March 15th when I fight Juan Manuel Marquez.


Questions/Comments - bradcooney1@bellsouth.net

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Manny Go!!!

Chris Otbo said...

Win, lose or draw, fans should see two warriors in the ring on March 15th. Its Mexico's last line of defense at Superfeatherweight so I expect JMM to bring all he's got- and hes going to have to if he wants any chance of winning. This is no longer the one-sided Manny Pacquiao he faced in the first fight. Manny now brings an arsenal of punches from different angles besides the dreaded straight left which JMM fell victim to several times in the first fight. But if Juan Manuel is as Mexican as I think he is, he would give every last ounce he's got come March 15th. I cannot wait to see these two tiny Juggernauts collide.

Tisoy said...

JMM WILL KO AGAIN BY PACMAN, THIS TIME HE WILL BE LOSS VIA TKO BY PACMAN, HE WILL SUFFERED A HARD PUNCHING MACHINE OF PACMAN, MANNY WILL WIN ON MARCH 15, 2008 FIGHT AGAINST JMM.

ELECTRONIC PUNK BAND "GO AWAY ROBOT" STOPS BY AND TALKS ABOUT THEIR NEW SINGLE 'STRANGE DAYS' AND OTHER NEWS!

Go Away Robot Showcase Their Unique Electronic Punk Sound in Latest Single ‘Strange Days’ By: Nadia Sobehart LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW! El...